Tuesday, April 8, 2014

HE LEFT HER PURPLE AND BLUE JUST LIKE ME...


November 3, 2013 is a day I will never forget. My sister went to pick up my daughter from her father that day. The pick up point was a few blocks away and I trusted my sister to pick her niece up without any issue. Just as I knew my sister, who was/is 18 at the time, brought her niece back to me unharmed and happy.

That night my sister, and daughter and I walked home from a friends home a few blocks away. My boyfriend arrived a few moments later. Things seemed fine until I began bathing my daughter... I had noticed that she had a noticeable purple and blue bruse on the right of her bottom. I didn't panic because I knew Mimi would feel scared or began to feel pressure, so I causally asked her what happened...

Mimi said "Daddy hit me on my butt and put me in the shower and put me in bed." I said ok and then changed the subject to what she wanted for dinner and the new toy I had just bought her. As I continued to wash bathe her and talk to her, I was dying inside. How could he hit her so hard to the point that she turned PURPLE AND BLUE?! What did she do that was That bad?! She is just a child, not an adult out to harm you!

I didn't bother to call him. I didn't take her to the hospital or call the police. I was Terrified of being blamed for something I could never do to my baby. So instead, I took pictures of the area and wrote a statement to keep on hand. I didn't report it to CPS until about two weeks later. Again, I was afraid. Knowing that the courts had it in for me already and a CPS worker altered documents to suit her personal feelings towards me, I didn't trust that I would not lose my daughter...

I explained what happened to the CPS worker and social worker. After both women spoke with my abuser, they both stated that he denied doing such a thing. All I could do was cry. What if the daycare would have seen the mark on my daughter and assumed I caused it??? My daughter would have been ripped from me and traumatized because of this. I tried so many times to warn my lawyers and the courts that this would happen. They didn't listen. They never listen... How many more years do I have to sit back praying that my child doesn't come home hurt by her father. This is not the same as playing at the playground and getting a scrape or bruse. This was deliberate and he and his girlfriend knew that this took place in their home...

But, if I bring this into court, as usual I will be accused of trying to keep her away from her father. I feel as though I can't win... God please get us back home to Chicago, Il....

No comments:

Post a Comment