Sunday, March 23, 2014

THIS NEWS COMES TOO LITTLE TOO LATE...

The social worker assigned to my case told me that she wants to began the process of closing my case before the next court date in June or July of this year. I just sat there and looked at her. Was I supposed to jump up and thank God or something? Was I supposed to be happy and appreciative? I just felt and still feel numb.There is still going to be a long drawn out debate, an attack on my character by the DA on my case, and they are most likely going to drag me through more of their BS evaluations.

Why would I be happy about having false reports submitted in court against me by the welfare system? I don't know anyone in their right mind who would be. I made a honest mistake that I beat myself up over all of the time. My daughter was only alone for at least 10 or 15 minutes while I went into the other clients room to see if she would watch my daughter. The Department of Social Services in Orange County NY refused to approve me for child care. I didn't want to take her out of bed that early in the morning. If I could turn back the hands of time I would have done so. These people claim to want to help women but they don't.

Had I been allowed to remain in Chicago, where I had a Solid support system from my family and was employed with a full time job, I would have not gone through half of what I have gone through for the past two years. But because my ex and his family are here, my right to live and raise Mimi no longer exists. I feel so lost at times and have no hope that these people are going to let me leave this state With Mimi. I have raised her alone since the day she was born. We have such a bond and love for each other as mother and daughter. I can't imagine life without her.

Moving back to Chicago,Il would mean that Mimi would see her cousins, go to one of the wonderful schools in the Chicago area and have amazing opportunities. This city is so rich in history and culture. Every time I think of home/Chicago, I can literally feel the sand from the beach beneath my feet.I remember the joy from by daughter during her very first visit at Chicago's Lincoln Park Zoo, she loved it! I can see the iconic view that so many have captured and the pride I feel having been born and raised there. Mimi loved her daycare there and seeing my mother, her grandmother. I swear I can't win when Mimi and my mom team up on me, lol.

I am on a mission and I need your help... I am on a mission to get my daughter and I back home to Chicago, IL. If there is any information or reliable resources that anyone can provide, I ask that you contact me through this blog. Contact information will be posted Soon.




No comments:

Post a Comment